ARE YOU READY TO LEARN THE “THE SECRETS OF SERVICE “
Join us for The Inaugural Leadership Conference for the Private Service Industry
Fairmont Hotel, Dallas, Texas, 9-11 October 2009.
September 16, 2009 – The International Association for Private Service Professionals (IAPSP) has released the completed schedule and lineup for its inaugural conference “The Secrets of Service” 9-11 October 2009. Executive-level domestic staff members across all disciplines of Private Service will convene in Dallas, Texas for the event that is designed as an educational, leadership and networking conference; promoting professionalism, superior management skills and service expertise.
The event will begin at 2:00pm on Friday with a variety of interactive roundtables that hope to break the ice for attendees and address relevant issues facing private service professionals and their support organizations. Topics include:
- Setting Ethical Boundaries
- Time Management
- Continuing Education
- Working as a Community of Peers
Saturday will include a full day of interesting and educational workshops by proven experts in their field. A sample of the workshop topics includes:
- Tight Times Require Tight Ships – Learn how to scale back and adjust your business practices without losing sight of your values and ethics at the same time.
- Mitigating Medical Emergencies – What can the household professional do to lessen the severity of a home medical emergency? Learn from a leader in emergency services.
- Knowledge is Power – Here you will learn the key language and structure used to manage HR, Tax and Payroll issues for any size household staff.
- A Celebrity Assistant's Secrets to Success – Find out how to effectively manage your time and juggle multiple projects or employer requests without going crazy in the process.
- Image and Ethics in Private Service – Keeping it together, and then setting and keeping appropriate boundaries can be a challenging. Learn an effective remedy for yours.
- Risk Management – Loss comes to every estate. Find ways to manage the effect and lessen the severity by putting proven techniques to work for you.
The event will also showcase a marketplace of resources that provide products and services from essential home management and maintenance products to the unique and creative “must-have” gift items the employer can often request.
According to David Bertnick, President of the IAPSP, the Private Service Industry has been struggling to come together for years and an annual event like this is one way to make it happen. “Attending our vocational conference is equivalent to experiencing a live version of the benefits you receive as a member of our professional organization. Along with the educational elements, attendees will be provided with plenty of opportunity to connect with their peers one-on-one and discover just how much can help each other throughout the year.”
Saturday evening will close with a seated dinner and an award ceremony to honor those who have made special contributions to the private service community. The event will be complete with live entertainment by a local jazz/blues/country band that captures the essence and vibrancy of a new Texas. There are five awards that have been selected for this inaugural event, and the winners include;
- Lifetime Achievement – Ivor Spencer
- Community Builder – Steven Ferry
- Pillar of the Community – Aunt Ann’s Agency
- Private Service Philanthropist – Dr. Dan Carlin
- Volunteer of the Year – Sayre Darling
“The Secrets of Service” has attracted an attendance of private service professionals from as far away as Milan, London and Hawaii. Registrants include Estate Managers, Property Managers, Butlers, Personal Assistants, Household Managers, Estate Management Couples, Managing Chefs and their staffing agents and educators. The event will take place on the Terrace Level of the four-star Fairmont Hotel, an established leader in world-class hospitality service. More information on the conference can be found at the IAPSP Website.
The time is NOW to get registered for this event! Reservations are now being taken and the value-based registration fees range from $340-$425 USD depending on membership status with the IAPSP and other organizational affiliations. Additional fees are required for the networking dinners, and hotel accommodation. Registration forms can be found online here. Please call or write with any questions or comments. Our door is always open.
IAPSP Conference Committee
(213) 220-3788 or (832) 428-2853